Thursday, January 25, 2007

Summit Foundation Hires Director of Development

After successful stints with the Summit Recycling Project (SRP) and the Keystone Center, Kasey Geoghegan is moving into the position of director of development with the Summit Foundation.

"I am very excited that Kasey Geoghegan is joining the Foundation staff as our Director of Development," said Summit Foundation executive director Lee Zimmerman.

"Kasey's experience with non-profit organizations in Summit County and her expertise in fund-raising will be a tremendous asset to the Summit Foundation."

"I think it's a wonderful opportunity for me to focus my fundraising efforts on this community," Geoghegan said.

"I have good relationships with corporations in Chicago and New York," she said, referring to her national fundraising efforts for the Keystone Center. "But I live here. This is my home. To be able to give back to this community is potentially very rewarding."

Geoghegan came to Summit County in 1992 to work for the SRP (now the High Country Conservation Center), where she helped put the organization on a firm financial footing, growing revenue from $90,000 to $360,000 annually. Under her leadership, the SRP won several regional environmental awards. Geoghegan also helped lay the groundwork for the recently opened Material Recovery Facility.

No comments: