Sunday, October 09, 2005

Big Snowstorm In Progress


Whew! Let me tell you we have had some snow today.

Just look at the photo I took of my deck and back yard a few minutes ago.

I just drove to the local grocery store and cars were sliding all over the place, people walking down the middle of the road, throwing snowballs at each other.

Winter in Breckenrige has begun.

The Breckenridge Town Works department was not planning on having this much snow today, that's for sure. The streets are a mess of snow and slush almost 12 inches deep.

I would estimate we have had at least 12 inches of snow today as of 6 p.m. Mountain Time today and it's still snowing.

I checked the National Weather Service site a few minutes ago and they were forecasting 18 - 24 inches by this time tomorrow.

Yes, the ski/ride season will be underway very soon. I wouldn't be surprised if both Loveland and Arapahoe Basin opened for the season tomorrow!

1 comment:

mela said...

My folks are on their way Via Denver today with a packed 16 ft. trailer. eek! Mom said the Denver news predicts ya'll will have 20 inches by Tuesday! Hope you don't mind I attached your blog to mine. Loved your deck photo!! I can't wait to get out there!